- The Lord placed the concept and vision of WPHA into my heart in the fall of 1986.
- I began working for WFIF in the summer of 1987, and hosted a music program in the morning hours for most of my 20 years of employment there. I also served as WFIF's Music Director from 1990 until the end of my employ there in August of 2007. Additional roles included Production Manager, Traffic Manager, and Chief Engineer. Considerable knowledge and experience were gained in this time.
- A preliminary description and Mission Statement for WPHA were developed in the early 1990's. WPHA Mission Statement
- A Website was established in 1997 on AOL, and the description and Mission Statement were further refined.
- In 2007 this present site was commissioned and leased for 10 years, with an automatic annual renewal.
- A detailed Business Plan was developed and printed in early 2008. It has been distributed to numerous local Christian businessmen and several Pastors since then.
- A computer has been assembled and equipped with basic automation software, with the over 2000 song music library loaded and ready-to-go.
- Were the phone to ring, and someone said, "We have a radio station. How long until WPHA's music can be on the air?" My answer will be, "Within 20 minutes from the time I walk through it's doors. I am on my way, now!" (It can be a 10 watt LPFM, or a 250 watt AM Daytimer... ANY radio station is a GOOD START.)
- I have made contact with several companies about plans to get the WPHA music on the air, including several that were looking to eliminate an AM station from their roster. I wrote one of them a brief description and plan for them to consider allowing that station to become WPHA. They only gave me one response, acknowledging my first e-mail. It took several months to finally get a "We're not interested." response, so that door was closed. Another had a similar reaction, a first reply to tell me the proper person whom to contact. No response from that person, and the station eventually got shut down. There was also another incident where I inquired about using the "HD2" or "HD3" channel of a local FM. No response to several inquiries. I will continue to keep my eyes and ears open for other possibilities.
- Because it is completely beyond my ability to acquire, I await God's provision of a radio station. I've done everything within my power up to this point. I covet your prayers! I am ready, literally, RIGHT NOW, to make this happen. The ONLY thing needed is a radio station. That's God's department. :)